Fayette County faces a fine from the Iowa Occupational Safety and Health Bureau for a mowing accident during which a county worker lost a foot and part of his leg. The county will be fined at least two-thousand dollars for failing to maintain adequate safety measures in the use of county maintenance equipment. The accident happened August 21st when LaVerl Hillman, of Oelwein, a county conservation employee, fell under the tractor-mower he was running after the seat broke.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!