Authorities in Plymouth County are still unraveling a missing-person case that ended with the victims safe and a suspect in custody. It began Wednesday when Michelle Hunter didn’t show up at work in Akron. After looking into the situation, police decided she’d been taken, along with her three-year-old daughter, by her estranged husband. They began a search, and by Wednesday afternoon, the women and child were found standing on a roadside outside the town of Cherokee by a passing motorist, who took them to police. The A-P-B went out for Scott Hunter, and about dawn Thursday a tip sent deputies to a county road intersection south of LeMars. They arrested the 32-year-old Hunter and investigation continues.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk