The Iowa basketball team opens exhibition play tonight against a team called E-A Sports in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Junior guard Brody Boyd will miss the two exhibition games and the regular season opener following a second violation of team rules this past summer, leaving an already depleted Hawkeye roster even thinner. Iowa coach Steve Alford says his starting line-up this year will vary, based on the opponent. Alford says despite the low numbers, he has been impressed with the enthusiasm during pre-season practice. He says it’s been a “resillient” team with the stretch of controversy that’s rocked the program. Alford says the roster situation will force the Hawkeyes to be more creative on defense.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!
- Audit shows thousands in questionable spending at Webster Co. Health Dep’t
- House bill bolsters Iowa’s open meetings, open records law