Police in western Iowa say a man took his own life after a chase through Woodbury County into Plymouth County.According to the Le Mars police department, an Iowa State trooper attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle around two a-m today in Woodbury County. The chase continued into Plymouth County and eventually entered Le Mars. Officers say they knew the man had a rifle in the car because he had flashed it at them. The man shot himself as officers sought to stop the vehicle. The man’s name is not being released until his family can be notified.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!