A 31-year-old Davenport woman faces charges after her pit bulls went on the attack. Kristina Ramsey let her dogs out of the house while she started her car, and the dogs took off and attacked 45-year-old Laura Hess and she received serious wounds on the face. Another woman who was walking nearby saw the attack, grabbed a stick and tried to help. She got bitten in the leg. A man who was driving by stopped and pulled the two women into his car to safety. Police say Laura Hess is in stable condition, being treated for her wounds. Animal control officers seized the two dogs. The owner of the pit bulls faces a number of charges, including two counts for “harboring a vicious animal” — charges that carry a fine as high as 15-hundred dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!