Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz announced he will remain with the Hawkeyes after being connected with the vacancy with the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars. In a statement Ferentz said quote”The attention I have received regarding an NFL head coaching position with the Jacksonville Jaguars has been flattering, my heart continues to lie with the University of Iowa.” In the wake of that announcement athletic director Bob Bowlsby announced that Ferentz will receive an eight percent increase in salary and a restructured contract will take effect July first.The contract includes a raise that pushes Ferentz’s salary up eight-percent, making him the highest paid football coach in the state at $982,800.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions