Jones County sheriff’s deputie arrested two men after they were called Friday to a report of a theft in progress in the town of Onslow. When officers arrived at the scene a vehicle chase ensued that lasted for about 13 miles before the suspects were finally caught along Highway 64 west of Wyoming. During the chase, deputies say one of the suspects threw items out of the vehicle, including a tire and rim, apparently in an effort to elude law-enforcement officers. 22-year-old Benjamin Hines was arrested and charged with attempting to elude a pursuing officer, and 24-year-old Daniel Hines was charged with assault on a peace officer. Both are being held in the Jones County jail pending an initial court appearance.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities