Mystery surrounds the disappearance of an eastern Iowa man — and a bag of money. Police say the manager of the Muscatine Aldi grocery store vanished a week ago. Police Lieutenant Grant Pickering won’t speculate on whether 34-year-old Michael Bainter fell victim to a crime or committed one. Store manager 34-year-old Michael Bainter hasn’t been seen since February 1st, at about nine at night. He was supposed to make a bank deposit from the store that night and would have been carrying, according to police, more than ten-thousand dollars. Pickering says Bainter is wanted for questioning to “fill in some blanks” as to where he’s been the past several days. Bainter lives in Davenport. He’s white, 5-foot-10, 150 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. He was driving a 1997 red Jeep Wrangler with Illinois license ALDI 3.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall