Iowa Congressman Jim Leach says the potential for terrorists attacks against the nation’s capital is just something leaders now have to live with. He says it’s one of the dangers of public life, but also one of the dangers for all of us, especially if something happens in Iraq. While there are gas masks available, and other plans, Leach says there’s no way to prevent everything, as there’s no perfect security.Leach, a republican, does say that larger cities like Washington and New York have more potential for terrorist attacks, but there’s a potential for attacks everywhere, even Iowa.Leach says the new security warnings can’t protect us from attacks, they can only let us know of increased activity and the potential for an attack.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal