Council Bluffs police have found evidence which will be used against a local man who told police he shook his baby girl to death and dumped her body in the woods near the Missouri River. Council Bluffs police sergeant Jerry Mann says police found “several pieces” of what they believe are human remains, as well as a blanket which will be taken to the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation lab in Des Moines. One-month-old Madison DeYoung was reported missing on January 25th, the same day her father — 28-year-old Robert DeYoung, disappeared. Mann says a cop found DeYoung on Sunday. Police were told DeYoung might be staying in a vacant shed, behind a closed Pizza Hut in Council Bluffs, and that’s where he was found at about 1:15 on Sunday afternoon. Mann says shortly afterwards, DeYoung admitting shaking his baby to death and dumping her body around 3 or 3:30. Mann says police are debating whether to resume their search, in order to collect all the baby’s remains.DeYoung has been charged with first degree murder. DeYoung lived with the baby’s mother, and Mann says she is not under investigation and will not be charged in the case.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk