The death of an eastern Iowa child early this morning is under investigation. Davenport police say the call to 9-1-1 was placed about four a-m, summoning police and an ambulance as an infant had stopped breathing. The first person to arrive, a policeman, tried to revive the infant with CPR, but to no avail. The child, a seven-month-old girl, was taken to Genesis East Medical Center and was pronounced dead on arrival. An autopsy is being scheduled. Police won’t elaborate on the child’s name or any injuries that may’ve been visible. The investigation is being conducted by the Davenport Police and the Scott County Medical Examiner.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old