A familiar voice in Iowa broadcasting has been silenced. Pete Taylor, the radio voice of Iowa State football and basketball games for 33 years, died at an Iowa City hospital today. Taylor, who was 57, had experienced some problems with migraines recently and had missed broadcasting some games. The cause of his death is not known. Taylor worked as the sports director at KCCI television in Des Moines prior to becoming an assistant athletic director at Iowa State. Taylor was a 1967 graduate of the University of Iowa and had been named sportscaster of the year in Iowa four times. Taylor is survived by his wife and two children.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal