Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich says Iowa has a long history of being skeptical of war, and he predicts his stand against war with Iraq will sell well here.Kucinich says he’s felt a “very strong response from Iowans” to his message that it’s time for America to secure peace rather than taking the lead towards war. Kucinich says Iowa’s first-in-the nation Caucuses — the kick-off event of the 2004 presidential campaign — can send a message to the nation and to the world. Kucinich says there are “tens of thousands of Iowans who are dedicated to the dream of peace.” Kucinich says even in a post-Iraq war scenario, he’ll focus on his peace message because he believes the Bush Administration will seek to wage war elsewhere. Kucinich spoke at a peace rally at Drake University last night.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record