Kansas made it a three-game season sweep of Iowa State today, downing the Cyclones 89-74 in the second round of the Big 12 Tournament. Cyclone guard Tim Barnes says they didn’t have the total effort needed to avoid losing again to the powerfull Jayhawks. Barnes says the Cyclones had a good second half, but couldn’t pull it off in the end. The Cyclones must now wait to see if they get invited to the N-I-T Tournament. Barnes says it would be big to play in the post season. “I don’t want the season to end and I’m pretty sure my teammates don’t want the season to end right now,” Barnes said on the Cyclone Radio Network after the game. Iowa State’s Jackson Vroman scored 24 points on 9-of-13 shooting and also pulled down 12 boards. Marcus Jefferson had 18 points off the bench, and Jared Homan and Barnes both scored 13. The loss drops Iowa State to 16-13 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response