Iowa’s one-two punch at tailback has lost its number two after Jermelle Lewis tore the A-C-L in his left knee during a workout last Tuesday. Lewis gained 709-yards and scored eight touchdowns in Iowa’s 11-2 season as the backup to Fred Russell. Hawkeye coach Kirk Ferentz says Lewis is doubtful for next season. In a spring where the Hawks need a new starter at quarterback and four new starters in the offensive line, the running back spot seemed solidified. Ferentz ran into Aaron Greving recently in an Iowa City restaurant but does not consider the Ames native an option after he quit the team in the middle of last season.Iowa’s spring game is April 19th but with only one running back on scholarship it may look more like a scrimmage.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards