Cornell College catcher Ian Harden has been named the national division three baseball player of the week. In six games last week Harden was 15 of 25 at the plate including two homers, five doubles as well as 13 r-b-i. He says he felt like he could hit the ball every time he stepped to the plate. Harden also had three stolen bases which is unusual for a catcher. Harden likes the challenge of the leadoff spot. He says he’s hit everywhere in the lineup and was glad to get the opportunity to hit leadoff this season.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors