A Cedar Rapids-based convenience store chain is being sued after a child was badly hurt in one of its stores. A central Iowa woman alleges HandiMart was negligent for putting cigarette lighters within the view and reach of children. Dawn Reasoner says her nine-year-old daughter went into the HandiMart store in their hometown of Ankeny and picked up a lighter than looked like a cellular phone. She apparently punched a button and it rang, then put it to her ear and set fire to her hair, badly burning her ear and head. The suit claims the girl has permanent scars and seeks unspecified damages for doctor bills and emotional distress.
You are here: / / Store sued over cell phone cigarette lighter