Nearly ideal weather conditions led to a number of records, 13 in all, at the 94th Drake Relays. The Mason City girls shuttle hurdle relay team set a Relays record and set an all-time Iowa best of a minute-point eight seconds. Nicole Carroll ran the leadoff leg for the Mohawks, and says they’ve been shooting for it since they’ve been a team.Carroll says a relays record was expected, a state record was not.About the only thing missing from the event was a race including Susie Favor-Hamilton. The two-time Olympian was at the stadium, but only to watch. With the World Championships later in the year she is delaying the start of her outdoor season. Favor-Hamilton is coming off one of her best years after deciding to concentrate on the 15-hundred meters. She is close to Mary Slaney’s record and feels she can get it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package