A child was killed and two relatives were hurt in a Sunday morning crash in Marion County. Authorities say a vehicle driven by 31-year-old Melissa Collett of Harvey collided with a vehicle driven by Jeff Schneider of Newton. Collett’s three-year-old child was taken to a Knoxville hospital, then airlifted to a Des Moines hospital, where the child died. Collett and her 11-year-old daughter were taken to a Pella hospital where both were treated and released. Schneider wasn’t seriously hurt. The investigation is still underway.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature