A former County Attorney is accusing the city attorney for Orange City of violating Iowa’s open records law. Harold Postma accused the lawyer who represents Orange City of refusing to provide records about a building Postma owns. The building which housed Postma’s law office has been a point of contention in Orange City. Postma claims the city is trying to claim the building without paying for it. Postma also accuses the city of refusing to issue him building permits so he can make improvements. Postma also alleges the city attorney has directed city workers to deny Postma access to records which should be open to the public.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk