Central College senior pitcher Libby Hysell has been named the N-C-A-A division-three softball player of the year.The Colfax native led the Dutch to a 41-5 record and the program’s fourth national championship last week in Salem, Virginia. This past season Hysell finished 17-0 and led the nation with an earned run average of zero-point-four-one. Central coach George Wares says Hysell has developed a lot over the years and it has been her dream to win a national championship. He says Hysell’s competetive nature helped during a grueling run through the national tournament. Wares says going through the losers bracket does wear on the team, but he says Hysell just remained tough and fought through it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal