Adel’s Dylan Davis made history at the boys’ state high school track meet over the weekend. The senior won the class 3A 32-hundred meter run then added the 16-hundred meter crown on Saturday and in the process became the first runner to accomplish the double victory three consecutive seasons. He says it’s been hard, but it’s been a great feeling. Davis says he never imagined accomplishing a feat like this.And for good measure, Davis also went out and the the 800 title as well.As for the team titles: West Des Moines Valley edged Ankeny by one point for the 4A teaM crown. Harlan won the 3A crown, Okoboji won the championship in 2A and Council Bluffs St. Albert took the 1A team title.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!