Authorities have released more information about an apparent murder-suicide in rural Adair County. Officers who were called to the Troy Doherty residence in rural Greenfield Sunday evening found the 28-year-old Doherty and his two-year-old daughter, Tyra, dead at the scene. DCI agent Robert Henderson says autopsies conducted today show they died of single gunshot wounds to the head. Doherty’s wife, Amanda, and his mother-in-law, Cheryl Wright, also suffered gunshot wounds…both survived. Henderson says Amanda suffered wounds to her chest, left shoulder and forearm, while Wright was shot in the left eye. Officials say they believe Troy Doherty shot the other three victims and then turned the gun on himself, and that the shooting happened after an argument between Troy and Amanda Doherty.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident