Officials in Black Hawk County have identified a teenage drowning victim. 17-year-old Kyle Cummins of Raymond was swimming with relatives at the boat dock at McFarland Park east of LaPorte City Thursday afternoon when his 8-year-old sister began struggling. Cummins pushed the girl into some tree branches where she was later picked up by the operator of a Jet Ski. Cummins remained in the water and was apparently swept under by the current. Emergency crews resumed their search this morning, dragging the Cedar River near where the accident occurred.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G