A Mason City man accused in the May murder of a southern Minnesota hotel clerk has waived his extradition. 46-year-old Roger Morton is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Mary Klatt. She was strangled at the AmericInn hotel in Blue Earth early on May 29th. Morton was arrested by Mason City police two weeks ago and was being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail. His bond was raised last week to a quarter million dollars as he fought to stay in Iowa. Morton was scheduled to make his initial court appearance in Minnesota today in Faribault County District Court.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature