Authorities in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska are working to identify the body found Sunday in the Missouri River. A dispatcher says the body was pulled from the river near the Harrison County town of Missouri Valley, Iowa. It’s believed to be that of a 23-year-old Dodge County, Nebraska, man who was reported missing on Friday night. The Sheriff’s office got an emergency call reporting the man had jumped into the Missouri and disappeared. An initial search had turned up no signs. His name has not been released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk