A pair of rated teams collide tonight in Waverly in a Class 3A district title game as fifth ranked Oelwein takes on number-seven Charles City. The teams traded blowout victories before Oelwein captured the rubber match in a close game. Oelwein coach Steve Sanders expects another close game, tonight. He says neither team is going to blow the other out of the water as they know each other too well. He says the team that scores first will probably have the advantage. Sanders says one of the keys in tournament play is keeping mistakes to a minimum. He says you know going in that the team will likely make one mistake, but he says you have to avoid making two or three mistakes in a row in an inning. He says experience is a key to keeping the mistakes down. Sanders says the team teams have a lot of similarities, what he calls a mirror image with a good starting pitcher, power hitters and role players.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk