Only a few anti-gay protesters attended Thursday’s events at the national Episcopal Church convention in Minneapolis, much to the dismay of the those who were there to protest. Donna Holman drove from Iowa to speak out against Gene Robinson, the man nominated to lead the New Hampshire Episcopal church. Holman says “They’re planning on ordaining a bishop who professes to be homosexual and we came to protest that. We were expecting to find about a thousand Christians here but it seems like nobody’s protesting but us.” That’ll likely change today. Hearings are this morning on the nomination of Robinson, who will be present. A final vote could come this weekend.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk