A northwest Iowa man whose father owns a pro basketball team is charged in connection with a fire at a rural home near Storm Lake. The Buena Vista County Sheriff’s Department and the Alta Fire Department were called to a house near Rembrandt in northern Buena Vista County to investigate a possible domestic disturbance and a possible threat of arson. Deputies found a flammable liquid had been disbursed inside the house. Firefighters turned off the electrical power and the fumes were allowed to dissipate. Later, it was determined a fire had occurred earlier in an upstairs bedroom. Thirty-one-year-old Jeffrey Taylor was arrested and charged with second-degree arson, a class “C” felony. Taylor is the son of Glen Taylor…owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves and an egg processing facility near Rembrandt.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record