The offices of the Iowa High School Athletic Association in Boone will be busy this evening where officials will put together the playoff pairings. Bud Legg of the Association says the first priority is to get all the scores to help them sort out the remaining 40 playoff positions.Once the scores are in the next step is to tabulate points and see who’s in and who’s not. If any of the districts or conferences wind up in ties, they use the tiebreaker procedures, with the first being head-to-head competition and the next points. The final job belongs to the Board of Control which will set the first round pairings. Legg says as in past years, the top priority is location. He says there might be some scenarios where that might not be possible, such as district champions facing district champions.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dry weather could hurt some Iowa trees
- Clear Lake sets record for earliest ice-free date
- DPS Commissioner responds after sports gambling charges dropped
- Iowa paddlers need to be patient and wait for consistent warm weather
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states