Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says the Hawkeyes need to bounce back as they prepare for their annual battle with Minnesota. Iowa is 7-3 after Saturday’s loss at Purdue which erased their Big Ten title hopes and Ferentz says the players took the loss especially hard. He says that’s the way you want it, as he says you don’t want guys who accept losses. He says the losses tend to linger, while they wins you forget and move on. Iowa needs to find a way to eliminate the mistakes that plagued them in their three losses. He says they need to get those corrected, especially the penalties. Ferentz says Minnesota reminds him of the Hawkeyes last season. A win over Wisconsin clinched the Gopher’s first nine-win season since 1905. He says one year ago they played Minnesota when they were still growing, and he says they grew a lot during their bowl preparation and their win over Arkansas in the bowl game.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall