The U-N-I Panthers will find out this weekend where and who they will play in the opening round of the one-double-A playoffs. The Panthers secured their spot and the Gateway Conference title with a 43-40 come from behind win over Southern Illinois on Saturday. At 9-2, Panther coach Mark Farley says they deserve a high seed. He says they’ve played the toughest conference and won it, probably played the toughest schedule and played on the road. It is the second league title for Farley, who is in his third season at the helm. He says this one “is very satisfying.” He says the first one was off energy, and he says this one included a lot of things from recruiting and a new system, as he says the first year his system wasn’t totally in place.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill