Charges are filed against a northeast Iowa man in connection with a fatal shooting and abduction in southern Minnesota. 23-year old Justin Meyer of New Albin is accused in a murder and kidnapping for allegedly entering the home of his ex-girlfriend in Caledonia, Minnesota, early Monday morning and shooting her boyfriend. Police say Meyer then forced his ex and her child by gunpoint to go with him to a home in New Albin where he raped the woman. She was able to call police later in the morning and Meyer was arrested without incident. The man he’s accused of killing has been identified as 24-year old Mark Sullivan of Caledonia. Meyer is jailed in Allamakee County on 750-thousand dollars bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature