An elderly woman from the west-central Iowa town of Jefferson died in a two-vehicle crash last night. 96-year old Cleta Lawton was killed in the accident on the south side of Jefferson around 5:15 yesterday. According to the State Patrol, Lawton was driving south on State Road 4, and as she tried to make a left turn onto a side street, her vehicle was struck by a northbound truck, driven by 45-year old Paul Owens of Scranton. Both vehicles left the roadway and ended up in a residential yard. Lawton’s vehicle came to rest on its side. Owens was not injured. The State Patrol says no citations have been issued, but the accident is still under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response