A Nebraska man convicted of killing a woman outside a Denison meatpacking plant last August has been sentenced in Crawford County Court to life in prison. On March 19, 22-year-old Estevan Velasquez-Ramirez was convicted of first-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of 20-year-old Dora Hernandez outside the Denison Farmland Foods plant where she was employed at the time. Velasquez-Ramirez was also ordered to make restitution of more than 260-thousand dollars to Hernandez’ estate, for funeral expenses and other costs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk