The Iowa softball team heads to Ann Arbor, Michigan this weekend to take part in a Big Ten Tournament that features more teams this year and no margin for error. Gone is the six-team double elimination format and instead eight teams will be part of a single elimination tournament.Iowa coach Gayle Blevins says last year they had seven teams picked for the postseason and only six got to go to the Big Ten tournament, and that team didn’t get to play in the tourney to prepare for postseason. Blevins who says conference tournament needs to be finished for the NCAA selection process because the teams are selected on Sunday.Iowa is the third seed and plays Ohio State in Friday’s opening round.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal