All the state’s big four schools will send competitors to the NCAA Midwest track and field regional this weekend in College Station, Texas. Northern Iowa has qualified 10-individuals and two relays for theRegional. Panther coach Chris Bucknam is confident that his athletes will perform well.Bucknam doesn’t expect the Panthers to be intimidated by the other big name schools competing at the regional, as he says this is the competition they run against already. Iowa will send 23 individuals and one relay. Iowa State has qualified 23-individuals and a relay and Drake has three competitors qualified. The top five qualifiers in each event and top four finishers in the relays advance to the NCAA Outdoor Championships, June 9th-12th in Austin, Texas. The regional begins Friday morning.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk