Home owners, renters and businesses in four more Iowa counties are now eligible for federal disaster aid. Individuals who live and work in Fremont, Carroll, Page and Mills Counties may now apply for federal help in storm clean-up. Governments in Fremont County had already been eligible for federal disaster aid, but the new designation makes individuals in Fremont County eligible, too.The feds are now offering three more counties public assistance — aid to cities and counties for damage to public structures. The three new counties qualifying for public assistance are Dubuque, Webster and Wright. Lew Wood, a spokesman for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, admits it’s a little confusing, but he says after damage assessments come in, counties are added when officials determine there are enough individuals or families in a county that need assistance. To apply for federal assistance, call 1-800-621-FEMA.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk