The body of a missing Mason City man was pulled from the Winnebago River Thursday afternoon just east of U.S. Highway 65. His parents say they hadn’t heard from him for several days when they reported 32-year-old William “Willie” Child missing earlier this week. Cerro Gordo County Sheriff Kevin Pals says they had gone over this part of the river for the past few days.He says they’d searched the Winnebago river from KingFisher Hollow all the way down into the town of Mason City, and gone over that part before. With the water the way it was, the sheriff says it’s hard to tell whether the body snagged on something or went under the water, but adds it’s not unusual for something similar to happen. Sheriff Pals says a full-scale search went on for days.Child was last seen on Friday. His truck was found parked in King Fisher Hollow north of Mason City on Sunday and his canoe was found floating in the river shortly thereafter. Foul play is not suspected at this time, and authorities will have an autopsy performed today (Friday).
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal