Fire crews in Carroll were called out early this morning to handle a fire in a county maintenance garage. Tim Harwood reports.According to Carroll fire chief Greg Schreck, the incident started when a county truck caught fire around three o’clock this morning. Officials don’t know yet what started the truck burning. Firefighters responded to the scene after a police officer on routine patrol noticed the smoke. While the fire was contained, there was extensive smoke, and some structural damage to the building. Early estimates place the cost for repairs to the building and equipment around 300-thousand dollars. Due to the amount of damage, the state fire marshal’s office is assisting local personnel. There was no one in the building at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk