The state high school baseball tournament is underway in Marshalltown and Carroll. An upset opened the 2A quarterfinals in Marshalltown. South O’Brien pitcher Clark Egdorf helped his own cause with a two out single to center that scored the eventual game winner as the Wolverines edged top-seeded Cascade 2-1. Egdorf limited Cascade to just three hits but did not feel like he had his best stuff. He says he felt better at substate.South O’Brien improves to 19-13 and Egdorf says the Wolverines have found ways to win the close games. Cascade led 1-0 in the top of the sixth but two Cougar throwing errors on the same play with two outs allowed pinch runner Andrew Dau to score and tie the game at one.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal