Lee Gray is six-foot-six-inches and 310 pounds but he has some mighty big shoes to fill for the Iowa Hawkeyes this season. The junior from Dallas, Texas is the expected starter at left tackle, replacing All-American and outland trophy winner Robert Gallery. He says it’s pressure, but he says the best thing he can do is listen to his coaches and teammates and everyone will succeed.Gray began his Iowa career as a defensive lineman but switched to offense prior to spring drills in 2003. After that he watched and learned. He says the number one thing that stood out about Gallery was how hard he worked and the way he paid attention to detail.Gray is part of an offensive line that was missing two expected starters when preseason drills began. David Walker and Brian Ferentz both had surgery in the off season. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says depth will become a concern if they have any more injury, as they’ve already lost two guys out of the top seven.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal