Iowa State visits Baylor in the Big-12 this weekend and both teams are looking for their first conference win. The Cyclones are 0-3 after a mistake filled 19-14 loss at Colorado. I-S-U coach Dan McCarney says the winless conference start is especially frustrating because he has a vastly improved team this year. he says it’s important to put themselves into position to win games, as that’s a key indicator of improvement. But, McCarney says he sees the improvement on the tape.Better play in the red zone is a must. The Cyclones have squandered numerous opportunities in scoring territory. McCarney says they looked like a Big 12 offense between the 20s, but now have to make plays in the red zone, as he says it’s getting old. McCarney says Baylor and ISU need victories, as they’re both fighting for respect.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature