A fire in Estherville has left a family homeless for the holiday. Estherville fire chief Randy Cody says the call came around 11:40 Thursday night and found flames coming out windows and a door. The family was able to get out of the house without injury. Firefighters from Spirit Lake, Gruber and Wallingford were called in to help. Temps at the time hovered around ten below zero, and four firefighters were treated for injuries from slipping on ice, hypothermia, or smoke inhalation. Chief Cody says he thinks the fire started in a clothes dryer. The family had no insurance.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G