Des Moines police are investigating the discovery of a dead body, according to police Sergeant Todd Dykstra. He says at 7:31 this morning, police got a call that there was a body along Interstate-235 westbound. The individual is a white male, age unknown. There was no identification on the body. Dykstra says it’s unclear if the man was a victim of a hit-and-run or something else. Dykstra says police investigators are trying to determine the cause of death and the medical examiner will be headed out to the location too. Dykstra says the body was next to a sound barrier wall, not on the Interstate’s shoulder.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal