We now know more information about two recent fires in eastern Iowa — including the name of a man who died in Brandon. 50-year-old Steven Harriell was killed in the Saturday fire. Harriell was apparently trying to rescue his friend, John Slager, who was not home at the time of the fire. Harriell and Slager had apparently been drinking together earlier in the day. Slager’s dog also died in the fire and the house was destroyed. The fire started near a woodburning stove. Also in northeast Iowa, the State Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the fire that destroyed the Manchester Rotational Moulding Company last Thursday. The Fire Marshal says the fire was caused by a faulty oven that’s used in the conmpany’s plastic manufacturing process. Four employees got out unharmed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk
- Hinson says younger drivers key to national trucker shortage
- Four Iowa cities set records for December warmth