Something flammable may’ve been dumped in the sewer system in the northwest Iowa town of Laurens, causing all sorts of trouble Wednesday. The Pocahontas County Sheriff’s Department says the State Fire Marshal’s office had to be called in after four homes had problems with fumes from the sewer there. Deputy State Fire Marshal David Schipper says one home had a burnt drain and another home had a fire with some 30-thousand dollars worth of damage. Schipper says it is believed someone may have put an ignitable substance in the sewer in Laurens, all of the homes involved were within two or three blocks of each other. An investigation continues.
You are here: / / Something causes fire in Laurens sewer