Investigators say a fatal house fire early this morning in west-central Iowa may have been intentionally set. Officials in the northern Calhoun County town of Manson say the State Fire Marshal’s office is on the scene of a fire that started shortly before 3 am. The fire happened at a home in Manson. Already police are speculating that the incident may have been arson. A death related to the fire that may have been a suicide is leading them to that conclusion. Investigators are not releasing the names of anyone involved while trying to notify family members. They say the investigation into the incident could last several weeks.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk