The Waldorf women have a one-game leads heading into the final stretch of the Midwest Classic Conference race. The Warriors gained sole possession of the league lead after a 67-57 win in a first place showdown at Viterbo on Wednesday night and take a 9-2 record into a Saturday afternoon game at home against St. Ambrose. Waldorf coach Denny Jerome says with each win the next game becomes even bigger. Jerome says while some tough challenges are ahead the Warriors know they control their own fate at this point, as if they just keep winning then he says they’ll have a chance of finishing the conference strong.Waldorf has won six straight games and Jerome says improved defense is a major factor. Waldorf is 19-9 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature