An ice jam is causing traffic troubles in Cedar Rapids.Motorists who normally use Ellis Boulevard had to find a detour this morning as the road was closed due to do problems with ice. The Cedar River, which runs through Cedar Rapids, had ice eight-to-ten inches thick last night, but it was stuck along a bend in the river and the ice jam caused flooding. Up to eight inches of water was on the roadway and it was starting to freeze in the low temperatures. Crews sandbagged other roads overnight as a precaution.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards